Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Mini Tightness test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danv44444

Hi guys, Just been looking at some old post and people are talking about a "mini Tightness test" Ive never heard of this before? What is it?

Cheers

Is it something to do with girls and big bottoms? Should they, shouldn't they? :D

It's a tightness test at th appliance. Put your manometer on the inlet and shu off the gas to the appliance. Then do your test on the appliance only.

The older posts were talking about gas valves letting by and doing a mini tightness test. What is it just for curiositys sake?

Anything like this shouldnt be spoke about to public. Prove to dave or one of the admins that your GSR to get into the private parts ;) ... Of the forum that is .... Eee 1 of those days ...

its a safety check what your talking about basically what you said its to make sure that gas is not passing after the safety device, thermocouple for instance has clicked and shut the valve

have you got a link to the thread

its a safety check what your talking about basically what you said its to make sure that gas is not passing after the safety device, thermocouple for instance has clicked and shut the valve

have you got a link to the thread

That make's perfect sense SilentMike, however I like my version ...:lol: .. Cheers :D

It's a tightness test at th appliance. Put your manometer on the inlet and shu off the gas to the appliance. Then do your test on the appliance only.

Sozz mate you got there as everyone else jumped in ... you deserve te credit for being first there lol :)

The older posts were talking about gas valves letting by and doing a mini tightness test. What is it just for curiositys sake?

its how you "confirm" a thermo electric valve is shutting off, i wish i had ÂŁ1 for every re-assessment candidate who describes the procedure as "listen for the click, then you know its shut" one of the few things that drive me mental during ACS

I thought this was the private forum kooga i am gsr and have proved it before? If this isnt the private forum how do i access it?

I thought this was the private forum kooga i am gsr and have proved it before? If this isnt the private forum how do i access it?

Kirk if the valve dosent shut off does this mean the valve needs replacing?

Kirk if the valve dosent shut off does this mean the valve needs replacing?

9/10 a valve passing gas will be caused by dirt on the seating from impurities in the gas, similar to a dripping tap needing a new washer, but like a tap sometimes the face is worn and it wont seal, or in gas if it has a spring it could break, the problem isnt actually repairing is making a gas tight seal at the valve when done, im sure in the good old days the gas guy would have stripped cleaned and refitted in jig time, but nowadays we would renew the valve

Hmm! I have as I recall repaired a gas valve before. But what a job, you have to go very careful how you strip it down or the parts fly all over the place. Get an old one and have a go you can learn a lot, they are fiddly though, its probably worth replacing with a new one rather than attempting a repair for a customer and of course a new one usually has a guarantee with it.

we get the trainees to strip old valves down to see whats happening inside them, and over a period of time there seems to be less and less components in them as springs fly everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mini Tightness test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock