Discuss Mid Position Actuator compatibility in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone - my first time posting here, but I have used invaluable advice posted on the forums many times so thanks for that.

We have a 3 port valve in our heating system where the motor has died so I was just going to swap in a new head
The original one is a Travis Perkins ikon MA1 - it doesn't look like these are being manufactured/sold anymore so my question is - would this be compatible with a Drayton MA1 head or similar?

Picture here if that helps.

Many thanks

Looks like a rebadged Drayton valve . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201005-175814.png
    Screenshot_20201005-175814.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the replies both - looks like you are right, it is indeed originally manufactured by Drayton for TP.

Unfortunately the Drayton tech says they didnt used to have the quick release mechanism for this version so it doesnt look like I am going to be able to just switch the head out like I hoped.
I may pop the lid and try just replacing the motor unit itself first rather than have to replace the whole valve though.

Thanks for the help

Reply to Mid Position Actuator compatibility in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hello Since moving into my property in 2016, I must have been through 5 or 6 mid position valves of various makes. I am just about to swap over...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had a Drayton ma1 mid position actuator recently installed as central heating had stopped working. Now my heating and hot water will not...
Replies
Views
My 3 way actuator valve has gone on my central heating. I think it's a combination of the valve motor burning out due to a stiff valve on the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a faulty Siemens DVA3 3 Port Mid Position Actuator that needs replacing, Can get a Drayton MA1 quite cheap, will this fit in place of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am abit stuck and cant really find a solution anywhere.. So, i have an F&E gravity system. The central heating pump needed replacing as the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock