Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Micro bore system from the 60's, adding a rad. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that bloke.

My friend has had a radiator removed around 6 years ago from the dining room, apparently the pipes were cut and capped off inside a wall. she now wants the radiator put back and has asked me to take a look at it. the pipes are going to be full of crap arnt they?:D

yes they probably are but then again being capped off would mean no flow and therefore possibly no sludge.

Two words of advice. Walk Away. Six years of stagnation on microbore system. Good luck mate.

thats what i thought as well, i could be lucky but i could also be opening up a right can of worms.
thers no easy way to flush the pipes out either is there?

ha ha , you have filled me with confidence. i bet im there all day.

Just look at it this way. Suffering builds character. At least that's what my ex used to say.

never worked on microbore what problems could you come across?

So flushing wouldn't worked because it would be caked? What would be the best thing to do cut pipe back to where there is flow?

Cheers for response puratherm.

it should go back to a manifold if im not mistaken, another thing is its 15mm f+r in the hall way. might have to take a f+r off that instead but why would it be combined mocro and 15mm , is this normal?.

I would try power flushing the area by isolating the other rads first. Cut the caps off and run some hoses from the pipes outside. Tarp off the area inside just in case. Run the power flush so that all the debris go outside. You'll have to keep filling the power flush though. Alternate pinching the hoses to move the water through flow and return. Unless of corse it is a closed system then the power flusher isn't needed. This will keep the debris out of the main system. If this dosen't work then it dose mean cutting back the pipe.

locate the manifold and disconnect the pipes to the missing rad and flush with mains water after a check valve

Good one on adding the check valve oilman. Most people don't think of cross contamination. You can hire one from HSS. Good luck mate. Must be a really good friend:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Micro bore system from the 60's, adding a rad. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really stuck with an issue I have with our soliud fuel back boiler system and my novice understanding is pretty much out of ideas so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have CH with a system boiler with a header tank and 8mm micro bore pipes to the radiators, fairly standard setup I guess. House is...
Replies
Views
First off I am sparky so go gentle ;-), I have been involved with a garage conversion with a builder friend and we have added two small rads to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock