Discuss meter installer jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aki.s1965

are there any meter installers out there willing to let me tag along and gain nececcary experience.Catch 22,have ccn1 + met1 but no one will even consider giving me a job without experience.Will work for free and am good worker tel 07782195701 simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno how that can be right Simon, how much experience does one need to be a meter fitter.
Unless of course the requirement is for Testing and Purging experience, but that said, you must be deemed competent to hold CCN1

thats insane!

ccn1 + met1

what more experience do u need??? u have ccn1.

Anyone who can read can pass CCN1 but even for the most mundane and seemingly simple of jobs you still need experience.
As for tagging along, meter fitters work for companies. A bit like asking your mate if you can tag along to his job. It's not going to happen.

according to agencies minimum 6 months. I pointed out that i regularly remove meters then reinstate existing meter purge and relight all appliances .Not good enough.They want meter exchange experience

Exactly,can 't get my head round it.Only been qualified 12 months but i pride myself on doing a good job.Have come across all sorts of shoddy work over the last twelve months.Stuff that i wouldn't dream of doing.I could exchange the meters blindfold but hey they want 6 mths min experience

Exactly,can 't get my head round it.Only been qualified 12 months but i pride myself on doing a good job.Have come across all sorts of shoddy work over the last twelve months.Stuff that i wouldn't dream of doing.I could exchange the meters blindfold but hey they want 6 mths min experience

Price work leads to rushed jobs! Most metering work is being brought in house by the suppliers now though - best bet would be to send your CV to the big companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to meter installer jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock