Discuss Megaflow Cylinder Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

j0n35y

Hi, I had a Megaflow 170i cylinder and a Worcester system boiler fitted a few months back and for the past month or so whenever the hot water comes on from the timer there is a loud bang/pop kind of noise coming from inside the cylinder and it happens every few minutes for about half an hour. Its loud enough to be heard in the surrounding rooms.

Do you think the cylinder may have a fault, everything works fine no issues at all. I know they have safety features so that they don't explode but its still a bit worrying.

BTW I did regenerate the air gap but this made no difference. Only plus side I guess is I don't need an alarm anymore to wake me up in the mornings...

Thanks

Allan

Time to get the person back who installed it for you

Hi, the plumber in question we are no longer in contact with as he messed us about on our bathroom job and we had to have it finished by someone else. Long story.....

I was just wondering what you guys thought and if anyone has come across this problem before. Our old Megaflo didn't make any noise that I can remember.

Thanks

Could be a fault inside the Megaflow. If you think the noise is coming from inside the unit then contact Megaflow as it will be under warranty. That's if it is installed correctly and has been properly registered for building control and warranty

Some units by other manufacturers have noise problem, but you need to contact Megaflow for solution.

+ 1 to the above if you post a pic of the cylinder I'm sure the guys could give you a heads up if they see anything wrong

Thanks for the feedback here's a few pics.
IMG_4920.jpg
IMG_4918.jpg

Sorry for some reason they are showing sideways :D.

I few things I've tried, flushed system, bled and inhibited, cleaned magnafilter, recharged air pocket in cylinder, tried different speeds on pump from fast, slow and auto. No difference, system works perfect and hasn't lost pressure since being installed.

I guess next step is calling Megaflo.

Shame they haven't connected the immersion heater up ad a backup!
Read your post properly and looking at the sysem, you bypass could be sticking As a test open the bypass fully ( under the red cover)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflow Cylinder Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have two indirect water cylinders (Gledhill) connected to a gas boiler (Vaillant). The system is setup/programmed so that the tanks heat up...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the...
Replies
Views
Hello, purchased a house in February this year and for a few weeks, noticed a loud banging noise which sounds like it is coming from under my...
Replies
Views
HI everyone, I'm looking for some thought/opinions on what could be causing issues with noise and pressure since having a pressurised un-vented...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock