Discuss Megaflo discharging despite new TPRV and PRV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Have a problem in that the homeowner says it's discharging regularly (maybe after hot water use). Have changed TPRV and PRV. Also has new combi valve. System is fed via a break tank with a Grundfos booster pump. He says the tun dish is dry but a pint of water comes out of the discharge daily. It's not doing it in my presence. Your views please.

Yes and customer knows how to too. Anyhow should be able to feel / see moisture at tun dish surely?

usually white marks around the tundish. (we do have really hard water round here though)
change bubble is only real choice and see if it is that, test flow rates just to make sure that the new combi valve is working properly!!

Is the cold water being run from the balanced cold or from the mains?

How does cust know its a pint of water?

Cold water is run from the same booster pump but not via balanced connection on combi valve. I've asked him to put a container underneath the discharge. I am baffled by the fact there is no discharge through the tun dish as he says it's dry when checking.

It's the booster set causing loss of bubble. Fit external expansion and 100% be fixed

It could be the heating prv is teed into discharge pipe after tundish

it could be the bubble is not big enough or being lost? an extra expansion vessel may be needed?

If you are 100% satisfied its not coming from the tundish it cant be anything to do with the cylinder.

I find the ones that need re-charging the most are large megafo's fitted in a multi bathroom house, but with only a couple of occupants.
When a large family regularly use lots of hot water, it's less of a problem.
just fit a remote pressure vessel ( suitable fir potable water) and tee into the cold feed after the combi valve .

Just chop a tee in above the multi valve (or after NRV) and fit DHW vessel prob 18l

The pump causes rapid movement within the vessel when filling and if the NRV is kaput (happens) the baffle gets flooded and then the air is just absorbed into water and the rest is history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep you can fit a vessel but I would solve the mystery of the dry tundish first, one piece of toilet roll , roll it up and put it through the tundish, and see if it's gone the day after .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo discharging despite new TPRV and PRV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock