Search the forum,

Discuss MDPE pipe and fittings, are all equal? What durable brands to buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dear All,

Whenever possible I aim to buy the correct quality product the first time round. Plumbing labour and water damage is expensive, thus, very happy to pay quite a bit more for materials provided it is needed to ensure a lasting product over time.
Your advice will be much appreciated.

Are all makes similar, or, should I buy a specific make or brand for:
a. Pipe, MDPE {32mm in this case I need < 25m}
Toolstation +- £23, Bes +- £34, jtmplumbing +- £40.

b. Stop cocks.
I intend to buy Plasson. compression stopcocks.
Are these good and will this last a great many years?

c. Fittings, reducers and pipe liners.
These I find most confusing as the cost vary hugely.
Should one buy the most expensive options?

Examples I consider:
i. Pipe liners.
John Gues+- £0.53, Flowpast +- £1.20, Polyfast £0.95, Toolstation liner £0.57

ii. Fittings and reducers.
Massive price differences here.
# bes.co.uk two options, say 32=>25mm reducer: Flopast £5.04 vs Polyfast £19.48
# Toolstation £4.17
# JTMpluming, Plasson £16.78

Thank you,

Either of the above will do the job, but I would use philmac given a choice all I would say is dont mix brands stick with one manufacturer and use all brass stopcocks unless external in a underground chamber. Kop

For mdpe fittings I only use Plasson, pipe from local merchants too but I’m not sure what make it is. Personally I’d not be so worried about pipe as long as it’s stamped up to all BS etc.

your not looking at yellow fittings are you ?

i use a mix plasson for mdpe connections

and phil for transion couplings

Thank you for the recommendations. I will process your recommendations and update later again.

Will buy blue, all for water use at less than 12bar/ 1200kPa.

Reply to MDPE pipe and fittings, are all equal? What durable brands to buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock