Search the forum,

Discuss marcrist ddm 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrpaul

Gas Engineer
hi there just been on phone to marcrist for price of ddm2 and was told machine is no longer avalible any one shead any light on the situation , only ddm1 or ddm3

It seems they have stopped making it which is a shame but there are still some available.

Everyone has good things to say about it.

I had my Makita core drill stolen a few years ago, and have got by with an SDS since.

I might buy one, but I did a 4" core yesterday with the SDS and it only took 10 minutes. The real painful thing about losing the Makita is I'd only used it a few times and had used an SDS prior to losing it. The Macrist is cheap my Makita was ÂŁ500 and that was years back.

No the lady just said 1 or 3 , if Brough from e bay would you still get manufactures warranty without any problems . My matabo bde 1100 is giving my hands hard time when coring a hole , have to stop a couple of times on one hole & give a good shake about !

Of course you would. Most of those selling them on ebay are companies not private sales.
The link above are among the cheapest.

Thanks is it worth buying kit that comes with core cutters or can they be sourced elsewhere cheeper ?

Buy it with the 850 cores. For an extra 70 quid you will have 3 of among the best core bits on the market. The 5" core on its own costs over ÂŁ100.
Buy hollow extension bars from PTS for about ÂŁ12

I've got a DDM3 and my last one was a DDM2. I bought the 3 when the 2 was in for a service as i couldn't be without one.

Drilled 1000's of holes up to 4ft thick and had it so hot i had to wear gloves to hold it. Never gave up yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again just brought the 2 + kit , next on the list is a adaptor for my 9" makita disc cutter & see if I can core a 5" hole with it , don't think my hands going a bit num will be least off my worries , think it should be ok as cutter will jam when cutting cast stacks / pipes . Have you ever tried a adapted disc cutter for coring ?

Thanks again just brought the 2 + kit , next on the list is a adaptor for my 9" makita disc cutter & see if I can core a 5" hole with it , don't think my hands going a bit num will be least off my worries , think it should be ok as cutter will jam when cutting cast stacks / pipes . Have you ever tried a adapted disc cutter for coring ?

Really fast but never done it over 2". Just don't be stupid with it :smile:

Where's this kit tam!!

Its the 850 core bit kit Daz. They are selling the drill with the 3 core kit for an extra 70 quid. It is a good buy.

Thanks will pass that on to my nipper , let him know he won't be able to tex while using disc cutter (core cutter ) fingers crossed for him . ( kidding )

I've got a DDM3 and my last one was a DDM2. I bought the 3 when the 2 was in for a service as i couldn't be without one.

Tam is there much difference between the 2 and 3? Is it worth the extra money?

What is this adaptor for? don't quite understand

They are more or less the same machine but the ddm3 has 3 speeds and speed 3 is about 1300revs faster than the ddm2.
It gets through a bit quicker. If i was buying another it would probably be another ddm2 if they were still available.

Hi there the online shop was pro tiler if you go back through this thread tamz post has the link , I paid ÂŁ319 + vat ddm2 + core set think I will be getting a couple of marcres 400mm drill

Thanks carrpaul tamz how oftern do you have to get them seviced to keep up to the warranty and how much is a service thanks

I've never bothered with the warranty so i wouldn't know. I run it into the ground for about 2 or 3 years then hand it into the local diamond driller who has his own machine tech. ÂŁ65 cash for the last service.

You use a 9" angle grinder as a core drill. You need an M14 x 1/2" adapter and screw the core onto the grinder.
Big boys toys not for the faint hearted.

wow, sounds like fun! never heard of one before. But, why would you need to use your grinder as a core drill when you have the ddm2?

Been watching the odd one on fleabay does the paint come off easy on them or are they just been abused thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to marcrist ddm 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock