Discuss MAPP Gas cannister recall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
my local travis was still selling the dogdy one this week untill i told them about the recall. They had to contact there rothenberger/mapp gas rep to confirm it. Looks like they are trying hard to let all retail outlets know about it NOT!

I was even told that they (travis) would only replace a bottle if i could prove i brought it from them, :( so if you have a couple of bottles and no proof of purchase then your screwed.

i will not waste a bottle, if they (rothenberger) cant replace all without proof of purchase then i will just carry on using them.

Last edited:
my local travis was still selling the dogdy one this week untill i told them about the recall. They had to contact there rothenberger/mapp gas rep to confirm it. Looks like they are trying hard to let all retail outlets know about it NOT!

I was even told that they (travis) would only replace a bottle if i could prove i brought it from them, :( so if you have a couple of bottles and no proof of purchase then your screwed.

i will not waste a bottle, if they (rothenberger) cant replace all without proof of purchase then i will just carry on using them.

I'm with you, I had my spare in the van for a while and can't remeber where it came from!!!! but apparently its only a problem when you disconnect!! so i'll just leave it on!!
also I've had problems with all types of disposable cylinder over the years with cylinder not resealing!!

how is travis perkins for plumbing stuff anyway? Do they stock any decent tools??

how is travis perkins for plumbing stuff anyway? Do they stock any decent tools??

The travis near me stocks loads of stanley, bahco, irwin and loads of its own stuff (4trade, which is all rubbish).

Last edited by a moderator:
the travis by me has a deadicated plumbing section and stocks the same levels as you would expect at a pts or plumbs. Not sure on price as its all on account of the company i am currently subbing to. As for tools they dont stock much plumbing tools but had a good general section.

I reckon leaving your torch connected is the safest way for these cans to be used, as long as your torch(and can) is stored well.
I keep mine in and old Makita Drill case, nice and snug.
I am trying to get some more gas but there are no new cans at my local merchant yet.
I may have to go to another gas can or type, does anyone have any suggestions?.
I see there are adaptors available to convert my torch to suit other cans.

I came to use a MAPP cylinder on Friday to find that it was empty. I took it off the torch about 3 weeks ago so it looks like the gas leaked out. Unfortunately I chucked it or I would have taken it back.

Typical!! mentioned and read all about it!! had a cylinder in the van for a while and today emptied the old one, so cracked out the new Worthington cylinder, on removing the torch cylinder leaking!!! can't remember where I got it, one of three merchants and about three months ago!! so guess I'll just leave the torch on!!

i noticed that B&Q have recently removed there mapp cylinders,, have they removed them everywhere yet?... and are they gona sell em again or not. thanks men

PTS have re-stocked with a new supply, so I guess the rest will soon have it back on the shelf!!

PTS have re-stocked with a new supply, so i guess the rest will soon have fresh stocks!!!

all the merchants by me can not get any of the new cylinders at the mo, seems they cant produce the quick enough to cover the replacement of the faulty ones.

SPS. a local merchant, have got new stock in. Perhaps I should get some and flog them on e-bay for vastly inflated prices if there's a shortage.

hello, i like to buy my mapp gas from Dumbcentre...sorry Plumbcentre, where im guaranteed to receive a canister that has been dented and the scratched beyond belief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to MAPP Gas cannister recall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some pictures first to illustrate my Question (I understand as new poster I can't yet put them in direct). Outside picture: Photo by Roy_6666...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
I'm hoping for a bit of advice. We are in the process of renovating an old house and as part of that work we are upgrading the old 1980s boiler...
Replies
Views
H
News - Rothenberger issues urgent global product recall Incase it hasn't been posted already.
Replies
Views
Barry98
B
R
Here's the back up poll for people who were ineligible for the free boiler, but nevertheless put pen to paper in an orgy of rhyming couplets and...
Replies
Views
Masood
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock