Search the forum,

Discuss Manually turn on central heating when wifi down with Nest ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

My daughter's wifi has gone down, all of south west London Virgin users have no wifi for past 3 days due to someone cutting a cable.
She has just moved into a house with Nest installed and is using underfloor heating to get heat.

Does anyone know how to manually turn on the heating with the Nest.

I know nothing about Nest but am visiting her tomorrow and hope to be able to help.

Best wishes Merry Xmas

Just press large button on the link box - not the thermostat. This switches on both heating and hot water and ignores timer. Press it again to switch it all off.
[automerge]1577039011[/automerge]
Just to update

press the big button marked nest on the link box in the attached photo. The colour of the light changes.
Press it again to switch back.

N.B. need to do this manually as it does not use the timers
C5B2E320-84E9-40DE-AD46-547C67E09B8C.jpeg
C5B2E320-84E9-40DE-AD46-547C67E09B8C.jpeg
[automerge]1577040536[/automerge]
Further thoughts are the system will possibly work with no problems. You won’t be able to change schedules using pc etc but even then you might be able to change these using the nest thermostat.

I gave you worst case above which will work provided the link box is working.(Uses hard wire)

Last edited:

Reply to Manually turn on central heating when wifi down with Nest ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock