Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss maintenance access to flush valve in the Sanitary Ware area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. dean.diy

dean.diy Member

hello, does anyone look after one of the above for a regular customer? The bathroom fitter has jammed the cistern so close to the
    underside of the vanity worktop in this ensuite that I can't even look in let alone unscrew the valve
    from the bayonet. Did anyone get away with cutting an access hatch in the lovely fake marble.
    Valve's chalked up again on the seal. Last time I did it the whole wc had to come out ,cistern snagged
    by flush pipe, that by pan.Thanks,Dean.

2. Masood

Masood Guest

If you need to cut a hatch then that's what you need to do! No way round it. I explain what's needed, what the risks are (broken tiles etc) and if possible, make a removable panel held on with mirror screws.