Search the forum,

Discuss Mains water filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subby

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My customer has a problem with red silt coming through the mains water. He lives in an apartment on the second floor by a marina.
He has asked for some type of filter to be fitted to the mains next to the stop tap.
I am also to fit a salamander homeboost pump as he is only getting 8 litres /min and salamander tell me the pump will give 12 l/m.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what filter I should be able to fit? The internal stop tap and pipework is 22mm thanks

How fine are the particles?
Has he contacted the water board?

How fine are the particles?
Has he contacted the water board?

Is the water supply unique to his apartment or common with the whole complex?

It may be for the management company to sort out.

The problem with a filter is it will need regularly changing, a maximum of 6 months regardless.

If the silt is fine enough to see, there's a problem that needs sorting out, not filtering out..

Double post, seem to remember this forum problem before

Last edited:
Thanks he has contacted management with no solution offered.

Have told him to contact Welsh Water before we go ahead. If there is sand in his water then we don't know what other contaminants ther may be. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mains water filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock