Discuss main mersey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
anyone know where to find install instructions for a main mersey i need to check that they need cooling vents when in a cupboard my thoughts is that they do

Hi stevetheplumber I noticed spudhater posted a reply about boiler manuals Yesterday and he suggested a site called index lists all sorts on there in pdf form may be of some help seem to think owned by Baxi now good luck:)regards turnpin

Hi! Steve,

Potterton site has them just follow the links from their site.

Another good one is: [DLMURL="http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/"]PartsArena[/DLMURL]

All kinds of stuff there falling under the Baxi umbrella.

Last edited by a moderator:
many thanks all found what i need it does need cooling vents so i can throw it back at the kitchen fitters

many thanks all found what i need it does need cooling vents so i can throw it back at the kitchen fitters

Hey Steve, Why not offer to put them in and earn a some money for your time and efforts (Since you have had to do all the hard work) ?:)

Think you will find that some were in the regs ,it says follow mi's or what ever 'kitchen fitters' say or do,seems like that any way,customers seem to hang on their every word and when you turn up to work on a boiler, in the corner with a 300mm openable door and a unit 50mm in front of it ,dare to suggest not enough access ,you get the reply 'kitchen fitters' said any good plumber would have not problem.
I apologies for my incompetence and walk out,one day I to will have the wisdom and presence of a 'kitchen fitter':(

On the subject of boilers in bathrooms,in the early nineties went to one over the bath,with the shower head 50mm away,Saunia Duvial combi,when you pulled the curtain round ,the boiler was inside the shower area with you while you showered,she had two young children as well,with there toys hanging from it
She wanted a gsi report as was renting a room,I said would cut off boiler and isolate electrics,she said she had checked with corgi,they said it was ok,she then rang them and put tec on,they told me as long as gas side ok no problem,I explained location,even used argument water would effect gas controls,still they insisted ok, were not interested in electrical side and as at that time was not qualifies on electrical side ,they said I was in no position to comment,if I wanted,make a note to have electrical inspection,i put phone down and just walked out,customer screaming at me,that I had to give gsi report with no faults
I rang corgi back a few hours later ,thinking get another tec guy,I did and he told me the same thing

In the early days it was all about the letter of the gas laws that were passed through parliament ,now of course that has been embedded in add on ,non law regulations and best practices and amendment that,in many cases, are not really worth the paper they are written on in a court of law,example now they are saying only gas registered people can work on gas appliances,take a man to court who has put a boiler on the wall,changed a water diagram or connected flow and return pipework or re connects a gas cooker,you will be out by morning break,if you get there
In the authorities exuberance to tighten the undertaking of gas work they have inadvertently increased the loop holes and any illegal workers defense argument

imho

Making rules is probably easier, than getting people to always follow them.

door had been remove from cupboard before i arrived i was only there to give a price to renew i explained that it needed vents and the customer decided to take it up with the company that had recently fitted the kitchen what he actually wanted was me to say the lack of vents had cuased the failiure of his water heater so he could get a free repair
custards like him i could do without

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to main mersey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock