Search the forum,

Discuss Main Mersey Water Heater not lighting on hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ianfoster

I was originally called to this as the pilot was going out.

I changed tthermocouple and then the boiler would not light the burner when the hot tap was switched on.
I suspected the diaphragm.
This was ok, but on checking the gas valve below the burner. Water had leaked into it from the governor and seized the push rod.

I managed to get a new gas valve and governer, but this has not made a difference.
The water flow is 3 to 4 litres a minute.

Also the gas valve although being new, seemed to need a large amount of pressure to open it.

Any pointers would be great - don't see many of these!!!

You will need to prove youre gas Safe mate. Get your posts up to 10 and pm a mod

You will need to prove youre gas Safe mate. Get your posts up to 10 and pm a mod

waste of money, quote for new heater as the part required is ÂŁ270...ifyou can get one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main Mersey Water Heater not lighting on hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I...
Replies
Views
looking for a plumber who can repair a opalia C 16 gas hot water heater or advise local plumber.
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I've got a brand new (2nd hand) Bosch Hydropower 16H tankless hot water heater. Since it was installed I have noticed it leaks a lot. I took the cover off and it looks like the bottom part (water section?) is leaking in a couple of places. maybe a seal or diaphragm? Can it be repaired or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my bathroom, and according to the plumber who fitted the new taps, high-pressure taps were fitted. Consequently, the water from taps is of a low volume...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock