Search the forum,

Discuss Main Combi 30 HE DHW Pressure Differential Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adamsky

Hi,
I've got a differential valve that isn't deflecting except when the hot water is fully on. It should be deflecting with much less flow. There is no problem with the hot or cold water flow. I've had the valve apart and everything is clean and free and the diaphragm is intact. The micro-bore tubes connecting the valve to the flow regulator are free/unblocked. I have had the flow regulator apart and it all looks clean and in original condition. When the spindle eventually moves out it moves steadily and not suddenly as if overcoming sticksion.
Now as far as I'm aware there isn't much to it. The incoming water flows past a restrictor and then a venturi (I thought a venturi is a restrictor?) and the resulting pressure differential is tapped off to deflect the differential valve. The differential valve obviously isn't getting enough pressure differential, which must mean the restrictor isn't restricting enough, and yet the restrictor looks to be in good condition.
Any body got any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main Combi 30 HE DHW Pressure Differential Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains pressure. I bought it hoping I could have two showers across floors running with hot water even if it’s a short while, while avoiding an unvented...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such as the following? Cold water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 2 seconds Hot water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 5 seconds Gas combi boiler pressure...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary bathroom. In all it's a great solution for a problem location for a bathroom. However, the cistern has a typical european style side inlet pipe, and...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock