Discuss Magnaclean doesn't pick up dirt from my rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gromit

I had an gas engineer over the other day. He said that he noticed that I didn't have a Magnaclean and would I like one. Why not I said.

He got his magnaclean out and showed how the water in his kit was attracted to the magnet. He then bled one of my rads and the water was almost black in the container, even though it was flushed a year ago and had X400 run through it a month ago.
Anyway, the Magnaclean didn't work on the water in my system - none of the water was attracted to the magnet. Nothing wrong with his kit because it worked with the water he carried in it.

The engineer didn't understand what could be in my system which was black but not attracted to the magnet. Any ideas what contaminents wouldn't be magnetic and how these could be cleaned?

Last edited by a moderator:
The oxides of most metals are darker in colour than the metal itself and not all metals used in a system are magnetic, think copper, aluminium, nickel etc. Was the X400 flushed out and a suitable inhibitor added?

The magnaclean twintech removes non magnetic particles as well as magnetic ones, also the Fernox TF1, which does it for a cheaper price.

just flush the water out and refill with inhibitor, thats all thats needed, why fit a magna clean?

just flush the water out and refill with inhibitor, thats all thats needed, why fit a magna clean?

markup, and an annual job emptying it! its the only reason i can see, but the customers love em i seen loads installed, still plenty of black water when system dropped though

The black is inside the copper pipes too and non magnetic, looks like its chared on.
Would not be surprised to hear the inhibitor is causing it by reacting with something, bit like engine oil.

Sounds like it's the x400 that has not been cleaned out to me. A good mains flush will sort it

I think that fitting a filter is a very good idea even on a new system,
I have one in my house and my house was new when we fitted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Magnaclean doesn't pick up dirt from my rads in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock