Discuss Macerator advice for newbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

There is space behind the boxing in and the pipe would fit behind the bath.
The plumber said that the only issue was creating enough fall so he asked me to find a toilet with a high outlet. When I couldn’t find one, he said I’d need to have a macerator.
So in your opinion, can I get away with having a normal toilet and running the soil pipe internally along the wall and boxing it in? It would run for about 2 1/2 metres, including around two corners, from the toilet to the soil stack. Are you saying that the fall isn’t a problem?

Thanks again for your advice!

I just said I couldn’t see the fall being a problem, obviously wouldn’t know without being able to see it for myself. If you were to contact a supplier or look up on google, a high outlet toilet, you would probably find one. In my opinion, I would always try gravity systems first (less cost and complications generally).

Personally I'd look at a 900 square shower in the alcove - no bath. Build the end wall out to 900mm which would then leave room for a soil pipe from the wc mounted where the bath end is. The sink could go along the LH wall. By using a Novellini bifold door (they fold ALL the way back) access to the shower is full and free.

If budget is tight then be sure to factor in the cost of calling a plumber out whenever someone even gives the saniflo a dirty look and it gets blocked... (many plumbers won't touch them when they're blocked - which is understandable) :eek:

Back to my first point, you just need a decent designer or experienced bathroom fitter to help you. It really is possible to sort this without a macerator.
Whereabouts are you?

If budget is tight then be sure to factor in the cost of calling a plumber out whenever someone even gives the saniflo a dirty look and it gets blocked... (many plumbers won't touch them when they're blocked - which is understandable) :eek:
Now you're scaremongering the op! Depending on which make and model, possibly the hardness of local water, the installation and not asking it to deal with items it wasn't designed for it could last 15yrs without trouble.

So is there a way of having the layout I want and having the toilet plumbed in without a macerator?

The current problem is that the new loo and the existing outlet are the same height so the plumber said it wouldn’t create any fall. He said to find a toilet with a high outlet (at least 220mm), but I couldn’t find one despite asking the local suppliers, so then he said a macerator would be my best option.
But what if a new hole is made into the soil stack, say 2 or 3 inches lower than it currently is, and running an internal soil pipe to it? That would give me a fall of 2 or 3 inches across 2.5m. Would that be possible?

Reply to Macerator advice for newbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock