Discuss Macerator advice for newbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Wow, really kind of you all, thanks.
Well, I would love to get a bathroom designer, but am on a very tight budget (first home etc) and all the quotes I received were way above my price range.
So I've had some advice from the bathroom fitter, who said that the main problem is the distance that I want to move the toilet. He said that I wouldn't get the fall on the soil pipe and that a macerator would be the best option.
I have attached a drawing (not to scale but dimensions of the room included).
I have the new bath suite, so am fairly fixed on the smaller, deeper tub and corner toilet.
Would also have to be an internal soil pipe otherwise it would run across the front of my house. Plumber said there would be room for it, the only issue is creating the fall.

Bathroom.jpg

I’m just inquisitive, why all the moving? Any reason why (I’ve attached amended drawing) toilet can’t go where I’ve highlighted blue, the soaking tub/shower go where green,and sink in one of the yellows?

B2DEC297-01BC-4610-BAC8-FC4D55920545.jpeg

I’m just inquisitive, why all the moving? Any reason why (I’ve attached amended drawing) toilet can’t go where I’ve highlighted blue, the soaking tub/shower go where green,and sink in one of the yellows?

View attachment 38969
Unfortunately, the tub is too wide to go there. It would leave me with barely a foot at the side to walk through to reach the toilet. It’s bad enough now with a 680mm wide bath. Soaking tub is 900 x 1150. Opted for a shorter, deeper bath so it could go in the alcove where the existing toilet is.

CE8C2B49-C8A7-4B2E-BB81-91BDE169D16A.jpeg

Which way do your joists run and are any of the walls of the bathroom outside wallS

Unfortunately, the tub is too wide to go there. It would leave me with barely a foot at the side to walk through to reach the toilet. It’s bad enough now with a 680mm wide bath. Soaking tub is 900 x 1150. Opted for a shorter, deeper bath so it could go in the alcove where the existing toilet is.

View attachment 38975

Would that boxing in have to go when new bath installed? If not, why not run soil pipe through that? I don’t see how fall is much of an issue.

Reply to Macerator advice for newbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock