Discuss Macerator advice for newbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

I’m having a new bathroom installed and the awkward shape of room means that the best option is to move the toilet and fit a macerator.

I have chosen for a corner toilet as it’s the best space-saving option, but would appreciate some words of advice and wisdom when it comes to the macerator.

There is very little space behind the corner toilet to accommodate a macerator and I am struggling to find a macerator with suitable dimensions.
Can I place the macerator long-ways against the wall and run a flexible pipe from the spigot to the macerator? It would be about 1ft/
1 1/2ft long.
Or does the macerator need to be directly attached to the toilet spigot?

Advice gratefully received! I am not a plumber, just a home-owner who is trying to learn the most basic of basics! ☺️

Any make & model in mind Lucy?

Well, I haven't decided on one yet as it all depends on whether I am restricted to having it behind the toilet or not. But I was initially looking at the SaniAccess 2
SANIACCESS 2 – SANIFLO

But it won't fit behind the toilet so if I can't add a flexible hose, then I will need to find a more compact one. It is for my main bathroom so will get a fair amount of usage.

@CBW1982 suggested this one which could be a good option.
Uniflo-Flush Hide Away Macerator Pump 22mm discharge

If it’s going to get a lot of use I would think seriously about a different layout or getting 4” soil to it.
Have you had a decent bathroom designer look at your options?
A macerator is really for for when NO other options are available , as I sure ( most) people on here would agree.

Hi there,

I’m having a new bathroom installed and the awkward shape of room means that the best option is to move the toilet and fit a macerator.

I have chosen for a corner toilet as it’s the best space-saving option, but would appreciate some words of advice and wisdom when it comes to the macerator.

There is very little space behind the corner toilet to accommodate a macerator and I am struggling to find a macerator with suitable dimensions.
Can I place the macerator long-ways against the wall and run a flexible pipe from the spigot to the macerator? It would be about 1ft/
1 1/2ft long.
Or does the macerator need to be directly attached to the toilet spigot?

Advice gratefully received! I am not a plumber, just a home-owner who is trying to learn the most basic of basics! ☺️

Just had a thought in relation to what Ben-gee said, what is your current set-up? Any photos? Maybe we can suggest to help you based on that?

Reply to Macerator advice for newbie in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock