Search the forum,

Discuss Low water Pressure ... unvented ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

hi lads,

Just called out today for a low water pressure issue.

Customer had a diyer according to the install without certification for the unvented cylinder which is just 6months old.

However, Thames water checked outside 25lpm and 1.8bar pressure

Inside 10lpm and 1bar pressure static
Operating is below 0.4bar
which indicates that there is an issue with the supply to the cylinder or am I wrong here?

What can be done to solve the issue ?
Partly lead pipe ( outside to inside celler )

The cylinder won’t functioning with such a pressure or flow rates.
I am also wondering if the flue is correcr installed whoch doesnt seem to me as they used the plume or waste pipe to extend it
Any help or guidance would be appreciate it
Thanks guys

3BE47820-FDF2-475E-81B0-0BD995B9E7CB.jpeg

B19D6249-C06B-4F1F-AB29-3EC4FD7A869C.jpeg

CF756E9E-1AFA-4DEE-B53E-7A21959DADB1.jpeg

649CC85A-C8FD-4B43-832B-B0F8965A7036.jpeg

E3A1EBAC-D036-45A6-AE8F-74EC5CF209FB.jpeg

128ACE90-2C29-4420-B750-930CF7A18A79.jpeg

6718191C-082E-4FEA-9518-9267226B12D2.jpeg

F1C7AA40-339D-4CCE-B43D-3D7F8D08CBAD.jpeg

I forgor to mention that the pipe sizes are in 15mm which is also wrong. Everything is supplied in 15mm 2 bathrooms and kitchen

T&P in 15mm left inside without tundish as well as prv

:D nope not right also flue is id

Rip out and start again

:D nope not right also flue is id

Rip out and start again
THATS what I said first ID flue!
So why do they have 10 lpm inside? Is that due to the 15mm supply ? Mains tee hasn’t 25mm mdpe till underneath the cylinder but then everything is 15mm

Do they need to upgrade the lead too ?

As the pressure is low you could ask the water board is that the max they can supply 1.8 bar etc

If it is do they really need an unvented system If yes you need to pump it

As the pressure is low you could ask the water board is that the max they can supply 1.8 bar etc

If it is do they really need an unvented system If yes you need to pump it
Ok, thats sounds like a plan. thanks for that.

they have got 2 bathrooms and about 5/6 people living there so they have an issue with taking a showers in the same time.
I would think when taking a lot of showers and especially in the same time it would the best solution having an unvented cylinder isnt it? Do you think when installing the cylinder and boiler accordingly it will solve the problem ? i dont think its just the install as the mains at he garden or mains at the kitchen sink has only 10lpm ... i do not know why even though they have got 25mdpe ... must be surely pipe sizing ...i can only see 15mm going out from the hot outlet ( cylinder ) so definitely something not quite right.

mains question is how to solve the low water pressure at the kitchen tap i had today between 8/9 lpm and pressure dropped to almost zero when i meassured

It's a lead incoming supply not mdpe looks like 1/2"

Yes they do need an unvented looks like a 300l
So that's around 5 min shower each after each other with no reheat

So depending on your main pressure and flow maybe

You need to find out what you can get from the water board

Also your not G3 or gas safe ron so why are you looking / sizing things up / sorting it out ????

It's a lead incoming supply not mdpe looks like 1/2"

Yes they do need an unvented looks like a 300l
So that's around 5 min shower each after each other with no reheat

So depending on your main pressure and flow maybe

You need to find out what you can get from the water board

Also your not G3 or gas safe ron so why are you looking / sizing things up / sorting it out ????
I appreciate your concerns but it’s not necessary to ask me over and over again. I have got other engineers working for me so don’t I worry about me running my business. I know what I am allowed to work on and what not. I have all under control and everything is in progress for certificates.

It does not mean I don’t know nothing about the installs. I am just here on a plumber arms forum to get an advise not always put against a wall. If I deal with he customers I have other give them a solution whether I hold license or not as long as everything is done by a certified engineer.

I am here to get an idea of what could be done not to argue about some silly certificates.

So get them onsite and see what they recommend and get them to quote to the customers

So get them onsite and see what they recommend and get them to quote to the customers
I don’t think it looks very professional does it? However, I appreciate your concerns and help.

I am here to get an idea of what other good engineers are suggesting or perhaps would do if they were me.

How doesn't it look very good lol there going to be coming on site and doing the work so the customer is going to meet them eventually and see your subbing it out

I appreciate your concerns but it’s not necessary to ask me over and over again. I have got other engineers working for me so don’t I worry about me running my business. I know what I am allowed to work on and what not. I have all under control and everything is in progress for certificates.

It does not mean I don’t know nothing about the installs. I am just here on a plumber arms forum to get an advise not always put against a wall. If I deal with he customers I have other give them a solution whether I hold license or not as long as everything is done by a certified engineer.

I am here to get an idea of what could be done not to argue about some silly certificates.

Ouch! Somebody feeling a little fragile today Ron. :)

Ouch! Somebody feeling a little fragile today Ron. :)
NOT really :) but if someone’s tells me how to run a business :) I know how to do business doing it for long time. And again it does not look very good for me being a plumber getting another one in to see the job. I think that’s why I am here in plumbers arms to ask other qualified engineers what they think in worst case scenarios I still can get an engineer in to let them have a look.

How doesn't it look very good lol there going to be coming on site and doing the work so the customer is going to meet them eventually and see your subbing it out
Well, that’s the way you would possibly do it. I am doing it slightly different.

Thanks anyway for your help and advise

We are often told to be polite to the customer but are not allowed to talk to them about details when doing a survey of completed work, even been given a fleece to wear with the clients name showing Shaun, you never done that?

My concern is the low water reassure on a 25mm mdpe pipe which has a run of 8-10m right underneath the cylinder.

Thames water says 25lpm measured outside that means once it leaves from the outside mains stopcock ( footpath ) it loses pressure and Lpm.

Can’t see any other issue

We are often told to be polite to the customer but are not allowed to talk to them about details when doing a survey of completed work, even been given a fleece to wear with the clients name showing Shaun, you never done that?

Nope never so why go round if you can't talk to the customer seems a waste of my time

Can`t see why but pressure reducing valve Ron?

Nope never so why go round if you can't talk to the customer seems a waste of my time
Because you are a 3rd party and your customer doesn`t want their customer to know. More common when bigger contractors are involved.

Because you are a 3rd party and your customer doesn`t want their customer to know. More common when bigger contractors are involved.

What that there not qualified :D and yes still come rocking up in my sign written van and clothing

Can`t see why but pressure reducing valve Ron?
No pressure red valve ... just mains stopcock fully open. Also hard to believe that the 2m from footpath to the cellar would make such a difference.

No pressure red valve . just mains stopcock fully open. Also hard to believe that the 2m from footpath to the cellar would make such a difference.
C`mon Ron don`t get lazy with shortened words like others do. ;)

Well in that case you wouldn`t get the job, like some subby`s can`t have sign writing on their vans. :D
I also hate subbys given their business cards to my customers lol :) sacked straight away!! People like to burn their bridges don’t they ahah

• Agree
Reactions: rpm
C`mon Ron don`t get lazy with shortened words like others do. ;)
True! I should write in full :) but honestly now, I only could check at the mains stopcock taking partly the pipes apart and check directly how many lpm I’ve got. Perhaps it is really scaled up. But thanks to you too by the way

Matchless plumb is the in coming main not the lead pipe that then goes to the stopcock with 25mm mdpe from that to cylinder?

I have just looked back through these pictures mate. Are you just an absolute magnet for disaster workman ship? (There is a theme here:p:D)

Which is the incoming pipe?
You could call or get them to call the gas supplier if you think its an ID situation and they will take care of the gas

bit of work needed there Ronny that flue is ID mate lets hope you have the right contractors for the job this time mate . regards kop

Matchless plumb is the in coming main not the lead pipe that then goes to the stopcock with 25mm mdpe from that to cylinder?
yes, first lead pipe from outside about 2.5m and then it joints onto the mdpe 25mm pipe which has a run of about 8-10m

what about your g3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low water Pressure ... unvented ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock