Discuss Low pressure/low flow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, apologies for the delay in responding. Took me a few weeks to getting round to removing the pressure reducing valve and then wanted to give it enough time to ensure a good test before reporting back.

We instantly noticed a change in the upstairs electric shower, full temperature control has now resumed and the shower is now far more pleasant to be in. The taps now run faster and I’ve needed to reduce the flow with the stop cocks feeding each tap now. My garden hose flows quicker and my sprinkler now sprinkles rather than dribbles.

Many thanks for all your advice and assistance.

Hi all, apologies for the delay in responding. Took me a few weeks to getting round to removing the pressure reducing valve and then wanted to give it enough time to ensure a good test before reporting back.

We instantly noticed a change in the upstairs electric shower, full temperature control has now resumed and the shower is now far more pleasant to be in. The taps now run faster and I’ve needed to reduce the flow with the stop cocks feeding each tap now. My garden hose flows quicker and my sprinkler now sprinkles rather than dribbles.

Many thanks for all your advice and assistance.

Hi Simon.

I'm glad that a simple removal of the PRV has improved your situation.
I'd like to point out though that an excessively static pressure can damage seals/washers on a combi boiler, do you know the now static pressure?

Hi Simon.

I'm glad that a simple removal of the PRV has improved your situation.
I'd like to point out though that an excessively static pressure can damage seals/washers on a combi boiler, do you know the now static pressure?
Hi, I don’t I’m afraid no. The PRV that was on it had a pressure gauge on it. I never saw this go above 3.5bar (static reading) however I’m not sure if it was showing that as the PRV was set to 3bar or wether that was the actual static pressure of the system.......

That reading is most likely what the PRV was set to allow as maximum.
If its been a number of weeks without problem then touch wood it should be holding.
If you took the front of the boiler off and inspected around the PHX and cold mains pipe that is where you might encounter problems

That reading is most likely what the PRV was set to allow as maximum.
If its been a number of weeks without problem then touch wood it should be holding.
If you took the front of the boiler off and inspected around the PHX and cold mains pipe that is where you might encounter problems
If the OP isn't a registered gas installer, then probably best he doesn't start taking the boiler apart?
Agreed that the 3.5Bar is probably what the PRV was limiting the pressure to.

If the OP isn't a registered gas installer, then probably best he doesn't start taking the boiler apart?

Hi, no I’m not a qualified plumber. My system is an external oil fired combi system though. I fitted the whole system myself before having it all signed off by a qualified plumber so I’m pretty familiar with the system. I’ve looked and not noticed any leaks at all around the boiler or various other parts of the system 👍🏻

In his original posts the OP stated it was an oil combi. If it was a gas boiler obviously I would not suggest removing the cover but as its oil, the fact the OP has already demonstrated a good understanding and the boiler casing has to be removed in order to access the filling loop by the end user im confident the OP could give a quick check of what i suggested without putting himself, family or system in danger.

Reply to Low pressure/low flow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock