Discuss Low pressure from moxer tap (hot) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

1976mjs

Hi all

I've been round to look at someones new kitchen tap (monobloc) which they have installed themselves. They are concerned as the hot water pressure is very bad, which is mainly due to the fact that the tap is not designed for a low pressure system such as theirs (the cold water tank which feeds the how water cylinder is on the same floor as the kitchen, no pump). I have suggested that the best option might be to replace the tap for a low pressure one. However, they have said that if the pressure could be improved only slightly, they could live with it.

With this in mind, do you think that replacing the thin flexible tails with rigid copper tails would make a noticable difference? I know that fixed copper tails are full bore to a point, but then they taper to small bore...

Thanks in advance!

There will be an improvement ,however it is hard to say how much,also sometimes you will find if you swop hot and cold inlets around,it maybe be improved also,explain to customer,to try options you can not guarantee out come and will be say hours charge if they would like suggestions tried out

Trouble is if they fitted the tap themselves,as soon as you mention idea's,they will try them themselves :(

imho

It is advised that flexi tails give a flow of 90% compared to that of copper tails so it will increase the flow but I doubt they will notice it

Can you move the cold water tank or I am guessing they want the cheap option?

Swapping the tap would be best bet

I would say i can swap it to copper tails, it will improve but not by a vast amount

Unless you can raise the hot water feed tank by a lot it won't make any difference.

Convince them their HW system is past it and persuade them of the benefits of a Megaflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low pressure from moxer tap (hot) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock