Discuss Low Loss header , remote from boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Gez2312

Gas Engineer
Just about to start a job , system boiler , ufh zone , cyl zone , rad zone. It’s quite a big house so was going to add low loss and pump to aid , but it’s tight for space where boiler is going. Ufh manifold is going about 10m away in a cupboard , where I’d have loads of room for my zone valves , low loss and pumps. Could anyone see an issue with doing that ? 28mm from boiler to low loss 10m away ? I’ve fit them before but always put close to boiler. At a squeeze I could fit low loss with boiler and then pump to zone valves 10m away if that makes sense ? Any advice gratefully received, many thanks

Just about to start a job , system boiler , ufh zone , cyl zone , rad zone. It’s quite a big house so was going to add low loss and pump to aid , but it’s tight for space where boiler is going. Ufh manifold is going about 10m away in a cupboard , where I’d have loads of room for my zone valves , low loss and pumps. Could anyone see an issue with doing that ? 28mm from boiler to low loss 10m away ? I’ve fit them before but always put close to boiler. At a squeeze I could fit low loss with boiler and then pump to zone valves 10m away if that makes sense ? Any advice gratefully received, many thanks
As long as the pump on the boiler is enough to pump the circuit to the header then, no there is no problem. I have done similar before. On one commercial job I used a plate at the boiler end and a LLH at the other due to distance - with an additional pump in between - you won't need that but your idea is good, go for it.

Nope your fine

Reply to Low Loss header , remote from boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am looking to replace my existing Vaillant heat-only boiler with a new Vaillant ecotec plus 630 system boiler (30kW). I have a megaflo hot-water...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
C
I've got a Greenstar 8000 going through a low loss header feeding 3 circuits, two trad rads and one UFH. Will it increase efficiency by instaling...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock