Discuss Low loss header connection Inc pump to unvented system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I am fitting my first low loss header onto an unvented system including ufh and 300ltr tank. I have picked the job up after the ufh has been layer, tested and screened over. All I have to work with is the manifold with flow and return pipes and pre installed rad circuit all of which feed into the garage. I know how to set up the unvented system with zone valves, iso's, prvs etc but not how to and where to include the pump and how to wire it up and the arrangement of the low loss header.
Any advice would be great.
I will be installing either Worcester or viessmann.

Distribution header flow and return after LLH needs to be sized accordingly for mass flow rates.
Pipework for each sub circuit needs to sized correctly as well. I take it you're using a separate pump for each circuit? In which case there's no need for zone valves.
LLH can allow for air removal on top of unit and dirt separation at the bottom and thats where the EV will go in the neutral point as well.

I will use separate pumps for each circuit but how to wire them in is where I will get confused!
I also don't know how much pipework is in the underfloor heating as I am finishing what another plumber has started and it's my first time working on both ufh and llh's.
The customer needs three wireless zone stats/progs for the three ufh zones and these will obviously need to trigger the pump for the ufh circuit.
I probably need to consult with the manufacturers tech rep on this one for possible schematics I think.

This is the last one I did 65mm header 2m long welded connections, it sounds about the same sort of size property ? this one had 3 zones , I used a normal 2 channel programmer 1 channel hot water timing , one channel for heating timing, the 2 heating zones had programmable room stats in the the living space each circuit had its own pump and zone valve , you will need a electrian who know how to wire heating controls and install relays so each circuit can work independently of each other and fire the boiler , i used a 38kw valliant system boiler and added a extra 12 litre expansion vessel in the low loss header, i also fitted a timed secondary pump on the hotwater circuit . Good luck kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191127-063113_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20191127-063113_Photos.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 44
Scott d, the heating system for the rads isn't huge. There are 10 rads, all upstairs. I don't know how big the ufh circuit is? I can get square footage out of the downstairs if needed.
Kop that's very helpful and SJBO6O685 I think a good electrician is defo what I need.
Thanks gents!

May I ask why you have decided you need a llh ?

Reply to Low loss header connection Inc pump to unvented system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock