Discuss Low hot water flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

russellwood

I am just wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I am having with hot water flow. I moved into my house on saturday and sunday night whilst making the kids a bath I noticed that when the hot tap is on you and a fairly poor flow from the tap, when you turn the cold tap on the flow from the hot tap nearly stops. With only the cold tap on you get a really good flow of water. The boiler is a worcester 28cdi.

Is there anyway of having good flow out of both hot and cold taps at the same time.

Many thanks

Russell

do you have the same problem with the kitchen taps or or the basin taps or is it just the bath?

have the taps been fitted with flexi pipes if they have you may need to change them for full bore type or the other option it to change the taps

can't see how the problem is the flexis as they are running a mains pressure system.
unless it is kinked.
or a fault in the tap, depending if it is a cartridge type tap etc.

i have had same problem with bath taps on one occasion it was the mixer bath tap that was at fault i am not sure why the flow was good on the old taps but when the new tap was fitted the flow dropped i removed the tap and exchanged it for another (same type) and it was perfect,
the other times it was the flexi pipes they looked ok but when changed it solved the problem If flexi pipes have been twisted they can be damaged inside they can reduce the flow by becoming like a one way valve thats working the wrong against the flow then when there is enough pressure you will get a flow of water but if there is a drop in pressure the flow will slow or stop.
For what flexi pipes cost its worth a try any way and if its not the flexi then you have ruled it out, you can also try an old tap on the hot water pipe in to a bucket (you don't have to fit it to the bath) It could also be a service valve problem (not opening fully)

Hi thank you for your replies. I have just had the side of the bath off and it is 22 mm pipe going to the taps. Coming out the boiler is 15mm pipe. I also noticed this morning that when the toilet was refilling and i turn on the sink cold tap water flow to the toilet stopped. Could it be that there is low water pressure in my area, so that only one tap can have cold water at once.

Cheers

Russell

if your cold is restricted to only one tap on at a time seems your mains pressure is very low. check your stopcock is fully open or do a mains pressure check with a gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Low hot water flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock