Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Loud, pulsating noise from boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

When I turn on the central heating, the boiler makes a loud strange pulsating noise. It doesnt happen when the hot water is turned on, just the central heating. It sounds quite dangerous, like its going to explode. It doesnt always happen as soon as the central heating is turn on, sometimes it takes a while for the noise to appear. Any ideas as to the cause? Also I've noticed that there is sludge on the outside of the boiler condensate pipe where it connects to the boiler. Could this be related?

Attachments

• 20220317_123310.mp4
    7.4 MB

Reply to Loud, pulsating noise from boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock