Search the forum,

Discuss Looks like the bath plug is leaking... in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

It looks as though the bath plug is leaking even though the water is dripping further up the basin as it were (i.e. in the direction of the overflow pipe/towards the camera) and not from the area immediately around the plug. I'm not too confident in replacing the plug (visions of flooding after a poor DIY job!) so wondered if putting plumbing putty or plumber's mait around the bottom of the basin around the plug outlet would prevent leaking?
FYI: I've taped the overflow pipe with waterproof duct tape, but it's still leaking and now have a small pot under the area where the water pools and then drips from to prevent further damage to the shower board. There are no cracks in the bath.
All tips and hints appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210112_090645.jpg
    20210112_090645.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 15
Sorry its not obvious from your description where the water is actually coming from.
Moonlight: valid point!
I've attached more photos and have placed a bit of Blu Tac on the bath where the water pooling before dripping.
I've also attached an image of the plug and area around it.20210131_181826.jpg20210131_181728.jpg20210131_181802.jpg20210131_181728.jpg20210131_181716.jpg20210131_181757.jpg20210131_181812.jpg
Hope these help.

When you run water down the plug hole, do you see water dripping out or seeping out? As you have the panel off and all is viable. Put the plug in the bath. Put water in the bath watch underneath. No water pull the plug and watch. You should be able to identify where its coming from.

Reply to Looks like the bath plug is leaking... in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've been having trouble with my boiler leaking for months. We thought we'd fixed it last winter as haven't had any trouble throughout the summer but in the last week or 2 it's leaked again, we had several people out to look at it but no one fixed it. Tonight we've had someone else look and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Sorry to ask again about this basin šŸ˜‚ turns out itā€™s a **** of a job, done bath no problem but this basin is crazy. done it with plumbers gold, ptfe tape the lot, still leaking ended up plumbers golding the overflow and fitting a unslotted, plumbers gold on rim of plug too so nothing gets...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it šŸ¤” I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with plumbers gold šŸ¤£ - so decided to replace it and do some remodelling of the plumbing in the airing cupboard while it was all pulled out. before, during, &...
Replies
Views
The other day I tried flushing one of the toilets in our house, but the handle went straight down and I heard the sound of plastic breaking. Part of the 3 piece cistern had somehow become detached from a groove lock holding it in place. The action of turning the flush handle sharply managed to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock