Discuss Looking to change trades... in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I'm currently working as a fire and security install engineer, primary working on construction sites for commercial places in London. I'm thinking of getting my Level 2 NVQ plumbing but hoping to stay on construction sites installing the plumbing...is this generally a thing that can be done? I don't have to go down the domestic or servicing route first?

Thanks in advance,
Hannah

Good evening Hannah,

Can you get in with a firm on the construction sites? If so, then talk through an apprenticeship/training route with them. I’m not sure if firms will just take on coursework only plumbers.

Always a shortage of trades in the big smoke, it's particularly acute at the moment.
Most definitely... just wondering the best way to go about getting into the construction side though. I believe for a CSCS car you need the NVQ level 2 to even get on the site? I currently have an ECS so not really transferrable.

I don't work on sites, why not respond to a few job ads and see what that want. But really self emp is the only way imo. Esp in a city.

Reply to Looking to change trades... in the Plumbing Courses and Training area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock