Discuss Looking for a Apprenticeship. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Max Robinson

I am currently in my last year at school which is year 11. I have applied for the plumbing course at Milton Keynes College and they have said they will contact me as soon as possible. For the mean time I have been looking for an apprenticeship so I can be a step ahead of others at the course if I do get in of course. Also I am wondering will the college give me a company to do an apprenticeship with or will they do the days your expected to do then get your own work?
Replies would be good please.
Thanks.

If you find a apprenticeship, they will send you to college.

the college wont find you a apprenticeship as its not there job. But sometimes I think companies might take a student from the class, but i think thats probally rare now as there is hardly any apprenticeships about.

Btw what you learn at college is totally different to whats on site, I dont think you will be swageing any fittings on site :)

good luck with your journey, apprenticeships are hard to find and yes you will have to find your own job placement it isnt easy, but you just gota keep on trying. ask one of your teachers if they know of anyone or any information they may be able to find out for you and help you out- thats what my teachers done, they didnt want to see all 30 of us dumwits be bums all of our life lol,-Education is the key for the survival in this day and age.(one of the best given advice quotes ive ever been given).

Yeah I keep pestering companies not to much though looool! Cheers fella's

guy i know who is 22 is in his first year of apprenticeship, so they are still around and not exclusive to school leavers, but obviously the school leavers have the advantage of being cheaper. Good luck in your search

Best of luck Max, its good to see a young guy who knows what he wants and is willing to start looking for it, rather than expecting it to come to you.

I started straight from school, back in 1986. It is a great career if you are willing to work hard and learn.

Cheers for the support and what do you mean a apprenticeship or college to study it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a Apprenticeship. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find...
Replies
Views
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take...
Replies
Views
Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a...
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
Hello everyone I am a female, level 3 student currently looking for an apprenticeship. I currently study at south east college and I am looking...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock