Search the forum,

Discuss Logic4training, wlt-group or any other recommendations near to Slough for ACS gas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

capitanpugwash

Hi all

I've been reading this forum for a while and it is full of great information and opinions on training courses. This is my first post so take it easy on me! I am looking to do a gas course through the ACS scheme and understand the requirement for on the job experience which is where the bulk of the training will take place. I thankfully have a friend willing to give me that experience over a couple of years. I have been looking through the courses on offer and come across a couple that are not reviewed on here so would like some feedback.:D

Wlt-group based in Aldershot and logic4training who are based in Northolt. I have been recommended the first by someone who did a 6129 there and an energy assessor I used who was planning on doing a course at the second. Does anyone have any experience of them? Or any other recommendations near to Slough? I know I could do a course at a college but that would be one day a week which is harder to cover with childcare than 1 week here, one week later, a fortnight later etc. I would not object to travelling but think a nearer college would make it easier to return for additional weeks/training/support etc. I am not looking for a course to 'churn' me out like a sausage machine quickly but a good firm foundation to go along with practical experience to allow me to become a Gas Safe boiler engineer/installer.

If anyone has any advice on these college courses or any others I would much appreciate them. :)

Thanks

CP

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Logic4training, wlt-group or any other recommendations near to Slough for ACS gas

I went to west london training aldershot, spent 3 years there and cant fault them !

Re: Logic4training, wlt-group or any other recommendations near to Slough for ACS gas

be aware that the ACS is not a training course, its an update/safety course for experienced gas engineers. normally only taken by previously qualified tradesmen. there is a route with no previous quals but requires substantial on site experience which needs to be provided as evidence and signed so can be audited

acs is not a gas course as many think

Fuzzy

Thanks for that. I've read around the subject a bit and can see that you have to build up a lot of verifiable experience in a portfolio and I'm happy with that. The ACS can be a bit misleadign though.

Danielp

Thanks for the recommendation. They seem quite professional. I think I might take a trip over to see them.

Does anyone else have any experience or recommendations?

Thanks

CP

good luck, if your experienced you should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Logic4training, wlt-group or any other recommendations near to Slough for ACS gas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock