Search the forum,

Discuss LOGIC IDEAL 30 COMBI problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jenoffee

For two days, my combi boiler wont switch on the central heating. This is the first tine ice had any problrm in over 2 years since it was fitted.

When i switch on the central heating (in the winter mode if you are familiar with this boiler) it displays "PUMP OVERRUN" and then "FAN POST PURGE".

I have tried reset several tines, which the c/h does turn on but only for 5 minutes tops before them messages are displayed. I have also turned off via mains for 2-3 hrs too.

Ive checked the pressure which was under 1 and ive adjusted it to 1.4

Google seems to see this issue several times, but with my lack of gas/olumbing jargon, all i can seem to gather us that its normal, but not a fault !!

Surely theres something i can do to get my central heating on that i can do myself as with this time of year too, i think it will be difficukt to get hold of a plumber straight away without freezing my toes off!

Can anyone advise? I am currently off work for almost a year now due to illness so money is very tight. And id hate it if i was to call a plumber and pay maybe £50 or so if it only takes him 2 minutes to fix!

my ex husband used to deal with all this stuff, i guess i need to start learning sonetime!

Thanks for reading and any minor help will be appreciated!

You on a gas pay meter ?

shaunCorbs, if you mean a pre-pay meter, then no im not. I am on a quarterly bill

Do you have plenty of hot water / does it fire and stay fired once hot tap open

Thank you guys for your quick replies :)

masood, i am assuming you mean the small box with the time and temperature settings on? its freestanding so i have it next to the boiler in the kitchen. Is usually at 21 and today i have been adjusting it from 15 to 30, leaving it as diffetent temps for an hour in between.

shyguy, im not sure what you mean by "on the boiler". I can adjust the temperatires of the water and heating on dials which is usually set at halfway point. I have adjusted these as well today.

shaun, the hot water is working fine. Except for one incident yesterday, i ran a bath and only realised once it was half full that the water was cold and had only just started to get hot. Before, the hot water was alwats instant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to LOGIC IDEAL 30 COMBI problem! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Turned the system from hot water only, to hot water and central heating the other day. After it working briefly, it has now stopped all together. The display isnt showing a fault or anything - it is just blank. After reading the service guide that came with it - I am confident there is power...
Replies
Views
James Middleton
J
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
F
Hi, We have a new Ideal Logic Combi 30. A radiator today came off the wall and developed a leak. Plumber came and fixed (but didn't). At that time the boiler was fine. Today the boiler has lost pressure. I have followed the videos on yt and nothing works. Just stays telling me F1. I have...
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock