Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Logic Combi 35 F1 Error in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DockOfTheBay

DockOfTheBay Guest

Hello all,

Came home this evening to discover my heating wouldn't turn on, and I can't get any hot water either.

I noticed I have an F1 - "Low Water Pressure" fault displaying on the boiler.

I've followed the instructions in the manual, and in other threads in this forum, opened the blue & black valves, but the pressure gauge doesn't seem to move at all when I do this... Any other suggestions? It's pretty damn cold! :willy_nilly:

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide :)

2. northcarr

northcarr Plumber GSR

boiler needs water topping up mate should read 1 on the gauge on the left had side under boiler you need to top it up using the filling loop (looks like a flexi tap connector):shades_smile:

3. moogwai

moogwai Plumber GSR

Agreed.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

4. DockOfTheBay

DockOfTheBay Guest

But the filling loop was attached already, all I need to do is open both valves surely? But the gauge doesn't move at all.

5. zzzjim

zzzjim Well-Known Member

Since there are 2 valves , 1 may have been already on
    ( Not how it should be left - but its fashonable not to Follow Instructions ..these days )

Have it nice and quiet , then may be able to hear start of water flow , Don't over do that guage !

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  6. northcarr

northcarr Plumber GSR

some filling loops have a shut off at both ends usualy sloted screw type make sure both are open to allow the water through

7. keltoyboy

keltoyboy Guest

I have had the plastic lever turn but not turn the brass part as the plastic was rounded off by a previous wrecker!!!!

8. DockOfTheBay

DockOfTheBay Guest

Argh, still nothing. The flat I stay in has the filling loop already set up, with instructions from the property builder for fixing the water pressure. All that should need to be done is to turn the blue & black valves. Nothing happens, it doesn't even sound or feel like there is water moving inside the loop.

Thanks for suggestions so far guys, I may be stumped on this one :-S

9. dancinplumba

dancinplumba Trusted Plumber GSR

any piccies please ?

10. dancinplumba

is the filling loop integral on this boiler ? if not dont understand why you are turning BLUE valve ? is this not the boiler cold main isolation valve or ch return valve ?
    loops usually have 2 black handled valves :)

11. moogwai

moogwai Plumber GSR

I have had 3 filling loops seize up on these boilers....if you can't get it to fill as per instructions call ideal as it should still be on warranty.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

12. DockOfTheBay

DockOfTheBay Guest

It's still within warranty with the builders too, will give customer services a call tomorrow and hopefully they can send someone round to take a look.

13. DockOfTheBay

DockOfTheBay Guest

IMG00095-20120415-2114.jpg

Sorry, best quality I can get... BlackBerry camera's really are awful...

14. SimonJohns

SimonJohns Trusted GSR

The valves are in the closed position at the moment

Does your hat tap work at the moment?

• Like Like x 1
  15. dancinplumba

is the blue tap at the back on ? is there water out of hot taps ?