Search the forum,

Discuss Lockshield Valve Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alig31

Hi all,

I have a radiator that I would like to put a lockshield with a drain down on it as it is the end of a line rad. Issue is that I need a straight through lockshield because of the routing of the pipes. Can you get a straight through lockshield with a drain down, or as another option can you get an in-line drain down that I could fit further along the pipework, so cutting a section out of the pipe to fit an inline drain (if there is such a thing.)

Open to any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Ali G

If you google "compression drain off" you will find what you need. Likely to be either a 15mm or 22mm compression connections depending upon what pipe you have obviously.

Have you got a picture of the current pipe work, but sounds like the above should work, i don't think there is what you need combined with a lock shield

You could fit one of these to the existing 15mm copper pipework.
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plumbing/d20/Valves/sd2696/Self+Cutting+Drain+Off+Cock/p50376 image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lockshield Valve Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock