Discuss "Lock Out", Hot Water... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Starship1

We have a Worchester Combi boiler.( Oil)
At the moment the boiler is not firing, or at least we have no hot water, the "Lock Out" light is red, so as manual i pressed the button for a reset. tried this some 4-5 times, yet we still have a red light, and no hot water.
I'am sure it could be number of things, but any ideas at this point please

Thats not bad for a word version of a thigh slap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont suppose i could jumop in with a couple of its behind you!!!!

Sorry didnt see the Lock out on.
It sounds like you are saying that the fan doesnt even come on, if this is the case is there a buzzing noise coming from the burner when you press the lockout button.

Pressing the reset button on the control box, Lock out light goes out, then theres a click then a small green flash, then it buzzes, another click and Lock out light is back on. No other noises.

This morning put a new Photocell in, no change, so its not that. DAM...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pressing the reset button on the control box, Lock out light goes out, then theres a click then a small green flash, then it buzzes, another click and Lock out light is back on. No other noises.

This morning put a new Photocell in, no change, so its not that. DAM...

So you don't hear the motor running?It's a loud "whooshing" sound,pretty unmistakable. If not it sounds like it's either stuck or kaput.

So you don't hear the motor running?It's a loud "whooshing" sound,pretty unmistakable. If not it sounds like it's either stuck or kaput.

Thanks for the reply,
No other noises, no motor noise,nothing sounds like its trying to start up, just the clicks.

Do you mean the Oil Pump is kaput ?

Disconnect the burner and remove,try turning the fan with a screwdriver if it has resistance either the motor is seized or the pump or drive coupling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "Lock Out", Hot Water... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock