Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Life after level 2 nvq? in the Plumbing Courses area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Plumber76

Plumber76 New Member

Hello,

Im currently a level 2 apprentice (I'm 26 years old) heading towards my second year and I'm wondering whether I carry on to level 3 or just fast track my gas qualification.

My Current employer is only qualified to level 2 and gas safe from a fast track and pushing me towards the same path.

Is level 3 worth it? should I look for another plumbing and heating engineer to work for to do level 3? or go down the fast gas route?

Any advice welcomed

Thanks,

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

This one does come up from time to time and its a tricky one . Level 3 is the real deal IMO , but you have to consider your time involved and would you end up with more pay in your packet at the end of the week , probably not . I have level 3 and work for myself so apart from a certificate it has made no difference at all. But it is nice having it , its one hell of an expencive certificate lol

3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Hanging up in the downstairs toilet is it Jon? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. townfanjon

Lol , nah, but it aught to be the graft it took , nightschool for 18 months 2 nights a week 6.30/9.30 after a days graft . I should charge appropriately but never do .

5. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

I think that might be the same as Advanced when I did it?

My advice would be to get it.

6. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

I`ve seen MBE, OBE and others letters from the queen or government in downstairs toilets, yet to find an Oscar or Grammy award though. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. townfanjon

Yep advanced craft became level 3

8. CP1111

CP1111 Member

You'll need level 3 to fit bathstore stuff and get their guarantee, so they claim

Not sure how they can justify that though

9. moonlight

moonlight Plumber GSR

bathstore :D:D:p:p

10. moonlight

moonlight Plumber GSR

If you carry on and do your NVQ level 3 it includes the gas and your G3 hard work but worth the (nice wads of cash) effort :)