Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Levelling floor-standing radiators on floors that aren't level! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beautes

We're having 12, floor standing, traditional cast iron radiators installed... on floors that aren't perfectly level.

What would you suggest using to pack under the legs to make them level? They will be installed on a combination of wood, tiled and carpeted floors.

I was considering using metal washers, painted black to match the radiators. But I'm no plumber!

Do you think this would work? Can anyone suggest a better solution? Some of the levels are out by almost an inch - that's a lot of washers! I'm not sure how easy it would be to stack them. I suppose they could be held together by putting a piece of pipe through the hole in the centre of the washer...

I attach a photo of one of the legs (needs to be rotated but I can't work out how). The contact area with the floor is about 1cm wide.

IMG_3309.jpg

Castor Cups under each foot will give uniform appearance and washers inside to adjust level.
Deep cups needed.

Or chop/ cut the legs I've done before

Cut the legs as above as a first choice.

Or use nuts (not Brazils or Hazlenut) and put a screw though the middle to hold them in place

Generally, if it's just a slight wobble. Grinding a mm or so of one leg works.
Don't forget these are heavy rads, so need a fixing to the wall too.

All of these responses are GREAT. Thank you. I've been going round in circles with it. I really like the idea of grinding the legs because it will give a clean and simple finished look, and the nuts idea is super too. I've spoken to the plumber who's going to do the work and he's happy with it too.

Very many thanks.

(Brazil nuts, right? :winkiss:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Levelling floor-standing radiators on floors that aren't level! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Would welcome your thoughts on this. I'm installing a low level shower tray, over a timber floor. Cast iron soil stack only about a...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So yes, Richter level 7 earthquake at least. I need to plan an underfloor heating for a 4x4 expedition/overlanding off-road vehicle, and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock