Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss legally stand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Anyone know where i legally stand with this issue?

the story,

basically just over twelve months ago i took on a refurb for a builder that over the last year i have had a number of issues with .
the refurb was an old church and was a full replumb of everything .

the first fix was done in plastic just over twelve months ago , pressure tested to mi's and left all day on the pressure test which it never dropped.

On completion of the test i then quickly connected it to the mains refilled to mains pressure and then disconnected so the first fix was full till my second fix which started about 3 months later.

on starting the second fix the when i arrived on site the first fix was still under pressure , connected the rads ,boiler on wall and again pressurised it for piece of mind.,then carried on with domestics,
january this year gas installed flashed system up and worked fine no pressure drop just the usual little top up.

the client then moved in 6 weeks or so later and pressure suddenly starts to drop on heating.

Now this is twelve months later after orignal first fix test (just over actually) the pipes where exposed an overlong time to build works on site which i was not happy with , also the builder decided to change my spec from unvented to combi after the first fix again i was not happy with this.

now am getting issues with heating circ losing pressure suddenly and behind scenes am sure builder is pulling strings to client .

have been back twice and nothing is showing anywhere but really need a get out clause here and to shut shop on this one

so what legally allowed options do i have?

Anyone know where i legally stand with this issue?

the story,

basically just over twelve months ago i took on a refurb for a builder that over the last year i have had a number of issues with .
the refurb was an old church and was a full replumb of everything .

the first fix was done in plastic just over twelve months ago , pressure tested to mi's and left all day on the pressure test which it never dropped.

On completion of the test i then quickly connected it to the mains refilled to mains pressure and then disconnected so the first fix was full till my second fix which started about 3 months later.

on starting the second fix the when i arrived on site the first fix was still under pressure , connected the rads ,boiler on wall and again pressurised it for piece of mind.,then carried on with domestics,
january this year gas installed flashed system up and worked fine no pressure drop just the usual little top up.

the client then moved in 6 weeks or so later and pressure suddenly starts to drop on heating.

Now this is twelve months later after orignal first fix test (just over actually) the pipes where exposed an overlong time to build works on site which i was not happy with , also the builder decided to change my spec from unvented to combi after the first fix again i was not happy with this.

now am getting issues with heating circ losing pressure suddenly and behind scenes am sure builder is pulling strings to client .

have been back twice and nothing is showing anywhere but really need a get out clause here and to shut shop on this one

so what legally allowed options do i have?
What contract doc's did you sign ?? & what have you been paid ?

no contracts where signed ,
the builder asked me not to go high on the price so to keep everyone busy as they were quiet,so if anything i used it as a turn up whenever so probably had £1500 on the downside of the price

have been paid in full

no contracts where signed ,
the builder asked me not to go high on the price so to keep everyone busy as they were quiet,so if anything i used it as a turn up whenever so probably had £1500 on the downside of the price

have been paid in full
If you have been paid & signed nothing, whats the problem, unless you want any more work from them, just tell'em you are not going back anymore.

You have got copies of your test certs, signed by the main contractor, haven't you !!!! LOL

then id wait till they come back to you , we all know everyones quick to point the finger

Put an extra expansion vessel in, if no drop then undersized, if the drop is slower then look arround where they have been screwing all their frames ect ect up!

Put an extra expansion vessel in, if no drop then undersized, if the drop is slower then look arround where they have been screwing all their frames ect ect up!

am not looking to go back to do repairs etc etc at cost of this n that to me ,

i never made much and been disputing with builder over other jobs and keeps rumbling on ,

looking for for a hassle free legal get out clause otherwise this aint stopping

Just give them the facts. It was tested at first fix, then at second and then was fine at the end. Somebody has nailed or screwed a pipe or theres an issue with the boiler.

Tell them to find it and you will fix at a cost to them.

Who designed it i.e. selected boiler & rads etc, if you then they can say the boilers expansion vessel was not large enough & therefore the boiler is not fit for purpose without additional for example.

Just write to them & say that there was no guarantee offered apart from that of the boiler manufacturer due to the low value of the contract. The work was completed & was handed over as a fully completed, tested & working system with no leaks, this is confirmed by the fact that the outstanding monies were paid in full.
If they wish you to attend & carry out additional works these will be chargeable & the rate will be "loads of money" that should put them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to legally stand? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. New here. I dont know nothing about boilers or plumbing. Just wondering any idea of cost or what the issue is. 15y old boiler, never had...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock