Discuss Leaving wood pellet boiler off for long period in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Is it ok to leave a wood pellet boiler off for a long period e.g. a year or more? I'm concerned about posible condensation/corrosion. The system has about double the recommended minimum level of Fernox in the water so corrosion from within should not be an issue. I can remove the entire burner assembly and the ash pan so that air can pass freely up through the boiler to the flue, keeping it swept with fresh air. The boiler is within the garage, not outside.

I wouldn’t as things might not turn back on eg pumps, fans and pcb

Yea once a month I would do and full clean out afterwards as the ash sets like concrete

Reply to Leaving wood pellet boiler off for long period in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm hoping for some suggestions as to where I go next in my endless mission to stop my system taking on air. The house has a gravity fed...
Replies
Views
Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, a little advice and validation of current advice (from dad). So boiler has been loosing pressure with an error code of E119. The pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Back