Discuss leaky tapping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajoint

i have a bottom tapping that is leaking on a radiator,i cannot isolate the rad with the valves as they are stuck as i cannot turn the valves because they are old ones and wont turn,any suggestions to how i can stop the leak at the tapping without having to drain the system

Either freeze the tail , do it live (not recommended) or drain the system. Not really any other way

Why don't you want to drain it down? Run some cleaner through for a few days drain it down change all faulty valves fill up and inhibitor

Pour into a radiator. Towel rail is ideal

Obviously partially drain the system first otherwise you'll get wet

riley,you say pour into a radiator,how do i do that when its full of waterif i take either valve of then there will be water every where wont there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leaky tapping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and...
Replies
Views
I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in...
Replies
Views
I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if...
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one...
Replies
Views
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock