Discuss Leaky tap holes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sun shine

Our old enamel bath has holes too large for a new mixer tap and water drips under the bath. Does anyone know where to get a cunning washer/gasket that could sort out this problem.

Thanx Blod that is exactly the cunning thing I was looking for. I did not feel like trying to get 2 stainless steel top hat sections made up, as I saw recommended somewhere else. You have just saved me a lot of time trawling through unuseful stuff on tinternet. Cheers have a great evening knowing you are terrific.

Thanx Blod that is exactly the cunning thing I was looking for. I did not feel like trying to get 2 stainless steel top hat sections made up, as I saw recommended somewhere else. You have just saved me a lot of time trawling through unuseful stuff on tinternet. Cheers have a great evening knowing you are terrific.

one of the nicest responses I've read on here in a long time! Top stuff blod!

The sun just shined on you blod. What a really nice genuine reply.

Well done to both of you.

Never come across those before - they do them for acrylic baths too - very interesting! May be useful for my leaky tap holes when the silicone gives up.

They may work but are not purpose built for sealing but for anti-twist function

Proper way is to buy a mixer that covers the holes!
A shower mixer that has the adjustable offset legs (can get in old style or modern versions) will enable you to swivel the legs to centre in the holes & these mixers have large flanges which means they cover the holes.
Just need to fill the holes with silicone when you have the mixer nearly down in position on top of the bath & use washers below. Do mark the bath on four sides of the holes before fitting mixer to ensure it is centred & not to one side of a hole. Insulating tape will do to mark the distance.

Nooooooo

No silicone please!!!!

What diameter is hole in bath and what size is diameter on tap The flange at the bottom not the thread which will be 3/4"

If the rubber washer that comes with the tap does not have a large enough outside diameter just get a rubber washer that is 3/4" internal and a fraction smaller that the flange on the tap, please.

Don't use polywashers they do not seal, or if all else fails, from a thin rubber mat or using some laminate (foam) underlay - combilay, cut your own gasket.

BTW the fix a tap products are really great and as long as the external diameter of the top hat rubber insert is large enough it will double up as a seal.

Also, just another one of those "I wish I knew they made those" products, basin mates a re a must for any new basin waste connection

Toolstation > Plumbing > Washers & Fixings > Basin Mate

They are the dogs danglies, rather than use masses of ptfe and sealing compound or SILICONE to seal the waste.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaky tap holes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to...
Replies
Views
V
Hi all, I'm completely inexperienced at this, but my kitchen taps are ancient, and the water has started dripping. Rather than just change the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have fitted a new set of mono mixer taps to new bathroom basin pedestal and for some reason, I’m unable to get the tap hole/base ring...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock