Discuss Leaks and corrosion in old kitchen mixer tap - what's required? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really helpful - thanks for posting it.
What form is the 'gland packing'? I have water weeping from the shaft (at the red arrow) but, until I can get the handle off, I don't know what is down there to seal it. What can I expect?

Screenshot 2017-08-16 14.56.35.jpg

You're welcome.
Glands can be repacked with PTFE but not on something that is often used.
Hopefully, nipping up the gland nut will stop the leak from there, if not you're going to need a new tap head because I doubt very much you'll find the exact part for this obscure tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaks and corrosion in old kitchen mixer tap - what's required? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock