Discuss Leaking Radiator tail pieces in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Just fitted a new towel radiator in my en-suit.
Unfortunately it's leaking from the tail piece you screw into the bottom of the rad. I wound round about 4 layers of PTFE tape too. I have since taken it off and wound round 8-9 layers and it screwed up nice and snug but still leaks from both sides and definitely from that join.
I watched a couple of YouTube videos and they screw the tail piece all the way until it stops but mine doesn't bottom out if I carried on the nut would fall into the rad so it's only sealed with the tape. Would a paste be worth adding?.

20-22 wraps required

Ptfe

Reply to Leaking Radiator tail pieces in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, One of the tails for our basin tap was leaking slightly; I was never sure if the leak was from the flexible or from the join to the tap. The...
Replies
Views
Fitted a towel radiator today, I ptfe taped the radiator tails, and after installation noticed the tails were leaking a tiny amount. So de-fitted...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to add inhibitor into towel radiator for the heating system. I saw from Youtube that people normally open the radiator vent plug from...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock