Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Leaking ceramic disc spindle in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

First time renovator and registered plumber. I'm replacing my old full turn taps with quarter turn taps that have ceramic disc spindles, but the new taps seem to randomly gush hot water while the handle is turned off after they have been used, any ideas on what could be going wrong? We have already placed a new tempering value on the hot water system

Hi all,

First time renovator and registered plumber. I'm replacing my old full turn taps with quarter turn taps that have ceramic disc spindles, but the new taps seem to randomly gush hot water while the handle is turned off after they have been used, any ideas on what could be going wrong? We have already placed a new tempering value on the hot water system
Gush, or just residual water?

Reply to Leaking ceramic disc spindle in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have recently brought new mondella pin lever 1/4 turn ceramic taps - Mondella Black Resonance Pin Lever Wall Top Assembly -...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Can you get water hammer from ceramic discs on tap valves? Have been to a job where is it sounds like its coming from there. But I know this isn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had a leaking basin mixer tap. The Methven brand tap was leaking through the top. I was able to source 2 new replacement ceramic cartridges...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi All I need to replace a leaking tap (separate, not a monobloc). I notice screw fix do 3 sizes, 8mm, 9mm and 10.5mm, is this just the diameter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock