Discuss Leak on gland nut Potterton 24 Eco HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Every few months I find myself changing the gland nut and o ring on my boiler because it starts to leak. I use silicon grease and it looks all good and doesn't leak for ages.

It's the nut where the rod comes out and triggers the hot water.

Is this a common fault or is there a way to stop leaking for longer?

Any tips would be great before I change it again.

Thanks everyone
Paul

Yes. Stop faffing about with something you're neither qualified nor competent to work on and call in a gsr.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak on gland nut Potterton 24 Eco HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code...
Replies
Views
I see that there was a post in November that refers to a LARGE leak, but ours is much smaller (needs topping up every ten days to two weeks...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for some advice on a Lefroy basin tap. I have a tap where I need to remake the seal where the spindle of the tap goes into the...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
Back