Discuss leak at pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shark

Hi,
I have a wallstar 15/19 probably a good 20yrs old with a delta pump. After a few days of finding an oil smell around it I've taken the back off and found fuel leaking from the pump casing specifically by the looks of it from the solenoid valve at the top. My question is, is this a common fault, is the valve replaceable and is there an overhaul kit available forthe pump or is this just a fit a new pump and throw the old job?
I work on HFO boilers that use LFO for lighting up purposes as part of my job so while I have a lot of experience of combustion equipment this is all rather small scale to me.
I accept that I am probably going to end up calling someone out to calibrate it but I am interested none the less.

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
20 year old, Not considering a common fault. Probably the pump bearings worn out. New pump required.

Make sure you get a qualified OFTEC engineer to do the work as the boiler probably requires checking on the combustion adjustment.

Yes, new pump. I don't like those Delta pumps atall. Get it done ASAP or you may find kero being drawn into the motor and killing your bearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leak at pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
S
Worcester Danesmoor 20/25, about 18 years old. B11 burner. We came home a few days ago to find our boiler in lockout, and not wanting to restart...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm relatively new to DIY pluming and I've found this forum super helpful so far This is my first time posting. I've got a leaking...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm getting a Tado smart heating system (have a gas combi boiler). I don't have TRVs currently, so I need to get a plumber to replace my old...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock