Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Lead pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

broggo

Got called to an open vent system today with reports of no water pressure to hot bath tap only.
First thought was a faulty jumper washer but soon realised there was a bigger problem.
As you can see from pictures the hot pipe had been leaking and furred up causing a blockage inside the pipe
Priced to rip all lead pipe out of house.
Great example of how you should never turn the little jobs down :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340708543.099479.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1340708554.633115.jpg

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ap1xdx

nice one, haven't seen lead pipes supplying water for quite long time. brrr, take them all off :p

But don't you need to get in a special decontamination team to remove old lead because of the risk of blood poisoning - or was that something I read that the HSE are considering as the next nice excuse for removing money from the pockets of residents of older properties?

But don't you need to get in a special decontamination team to remove old lead because of the risk of blood poisoning - or was that something I read that the HSE are considering as the next nice excuse for removing money from the pockets of residents of older properties?

I'll do that for a reasonable price:wink_smile: and make sure all that highly dangerous lead is safely disposed of down my local scrappies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lead pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if you could help me. The overflow pipe drips intermittently from the large cold water storage tank in the loft. Not the small F and...
Replies
Views
Ok I have been dealing with this problem for over a year and finally have to ask for some help as backflushing every 2 weeks or so is getting very...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Recently had a new heating and hot water system retrofitted in a domestic property. Previous hot water system was gravity fed with a vented...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock