Discuss Late night ordering for next day delivery - Sponsored poll in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange. There's no option to stick yer poll up yer bum.

Seriously though, were I in an area that Ray's offering to cover I think this would be an exceptional service.

I won't vote because I think it would artificially skew the outcome but if I were I'd go for the transparent additional delivery cost with an option for refund in the event that the contract be broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the voucher idea as its a little bonus for us .would the voucher be accredited to our account and automatic or would it be another one to dissapear into the pile on the van floor only to be found the day after it expires

I prefer the latter version, obviously! :)

Dunno Steve. I don't think the website has the functionality at the moment to automatically do it. I would have to ask the developers.

I think all you would do is wind up your staff by having to work late.

Don't forget they are mostly shareholders now Millsy :)

But we only need a handful, and in my experience there are always some people who are happy to do overtime, so long as their paypacket reflects it. Thats one of the reasons for the surcharge - to meet the overtime bill.

I wouldn't use it personally, I've got gillingham on my doorstep and Maidstone which is obviously a holding branch between them there has never been anything they haven't been able to get me same or next day, which is testament to your outstanding customer service.

The only exception to this is when an item is on back order and that's happens once! Of which it was out of everyone's control

I wouldn't use it personally, I've got gillingham on my doorstep

Hi Rob

I appreciate you wouldn't necessarily want to use the delivery service, but would it be useful to be able to ring a number that would answer late into the evening - say to check stock or a price?

I would prefer the ability to go online and check stock at branch reserve and have a print out on the desk ready for the guys to order pick first thing.

Possibly more expensive to set up but cheaper in terms of labor cost for you perhaps?

I would prefer the ability to go online and check stock at branch reserve and have a print out on the desk ready for the guys to order pick first thing.

Possibly more expensive to set up but cheaper in terms of labor cost for you perhaps?

That will come as we update our stock control system from ye olde DOS-based 80x25 character, vintage 1985 system. Work in progress at the moment, but likely to take over 2 years to complete I fear.

Rome wasn't built in a day and it is an empire of which you sit at the helm.

Realistically though at a local level were well looked after down here so if it did take a while it's not going to cost you customers, plus you're open an hour before the others as it is

I'm unfortunate that I can't get next day delivery. I paid the ÂŁ30 on the Friday or Thursday for Saturday delivery but didn't get it till Thursday. I did get the 30 rein burst .

I'm unfortunate that I can't get next day delivery. I paid the ÂŁ30 on the Friday or Thursday for Saturday delivery but didn't get it till Thursday. I did get the 30 rein burst .

Sorry Kris - are you up in the frozen North?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Late night ordering for next day delivery - Sponsored poll in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock