Search the forum,

Discuss landlord service group in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcgrathsbuddy

been contacted by landlord service group regardng gas safe work in the Edinburgh area EH post code.any info please .has anybody had any work of them.

If there is money to be paid for this then it is a scam.
They do the rounds every month or so under different names. Usually for the small sum of around £1700.

Not a bad way to make a living i suppose if you don't have a conscience. Certainly easier than working.

I had a email today from them offering me a contract for 500 houses. I contact them as i could do with more work. I talked to someone on the phone for nearly an hour as he quoted me really good rates, he then said his boss would contact me within a couple of hours for a full interview over the phone. At that point I did my homework and found the site to be quite basic and i found an artical in this forum telling people to stay well clear.They told me the work was in the CA7 postcode which is 40 miles from my house, so when he phoned back I told him it was to far to travel. He then said there must be some mistake hang on ill check it out. He obviously just looked at a map and told me it was centred around ayle (closest place to where i live on the map). Funny thing is theres only 5 houses there. When I told him that he said it was a 15 mile radius around Ayle. LOL Apart from my town of 2000 people theres nothing in a 15 mile radius of Ayle. Iam pleased I did my homework and didnt fall for it, and I hope nobody else does either. Thank you to this site for giving me the heads up and I hope this post will help other hard working plumbers dodge this scam.

if you google map ther address 1 of them is a florist and there accounts department !!!! address is a dentist. stay away from them there website links lead to error page the only think that is not bogus is there number.

They get all there info from the gas safe web site. i took them all the way to winning the contract just to mess then about i applied on a wednesday and won the contract on the friday what LUCK !!! but as soon as you win the contract they want payment, told them i would pay once proof of work comes through and they can't do it that way because they computer wouldn,t let them do it !!!
They also answer phone with there first name bases only and not the company name like any good company would !!!
If anyone would like there details to waste there time 01563 533238 ask for Chris !!n if thats his name.
Happy Hunting

They come in many guises

Like this here

Ian Murray
Contracts Manager
Office: 01563 529 909
Unit 4a
Crookedholm Commercial Centre
81 Main Road
Ayrshire
KA3 6JU

or here

Ian Murray
Business Manager
1 Old Clydesdale Building
Lainshaw St
Stewarton
KA3 5BY
01563 529 909

or here

John McConnachie
Company profiler
Group 3 Energy
01563 537129

and many more.
Someone is making a good living from other peoples gullibility!

I'd never pay money to get work.

Fair enough if they put a % on work you've done on their behalf, but up front = SCAM

The thing is someone must fall for it as they keep on coming back! I suppose as the saying goes, there's one born every minute.

One a week from the 1000's of emails they must send out more than pays the rent i would think. 10 a week and you are a millionaire at the end of the year.

thing is with the massive influx of plumbers - newly registered gas safe engineers - who are looking for this kind of work then they are going to get gullible people. Ive said it before and ill say it again we are all lucky to be a member of such a great forum, as in its friendly full of advice and most of all its gives us all a heads up on things like this.... joe bloggs without the internet in the local merchants may not have this info and the offer would seem too good to turn down.

all right buddie i live pretty close to edinburgh i was offered the same thing dont do it, also why would you pay to get work if it sounds to good to be true thats because it is thanks

National Utility Solutions are in the process of Liquidation.

If you are owed money, get yourself on the creditors list by contacting their Liquidators.

Dear Sir/Madam,I note from your forum that some of your members have had dealings with the above company for access to work that did not materialise. Can I ask you to approach the following members to ask if they would contact me asap to provide details of their dealings with NUS. I have to stress that I cannot give guarantees that their assistance will result in successful action against the people behind NUS but their help would assist ouir investigations.
Could you also advise them that NUS is in the process of liquidation. The liquidators are MLM Solutions, 23 Nelson Mandela Place, Glasgow G2 1QY. If they contact themyour members can at least lodge a claim as creditors and may, just may, receive some of the money they paid back. Their telephone number is 0141 228 1327.
Theforum members are:
Lady Apprentice.
Ricky 300
Andy Atkins 2477
Rogue Trader
Mario 27 and,
Doggy Doo
If you or they know of any others affected please get them to contact me.
As I will be away from my desk for the next week, it would be best if they e-mailed me at [email protected].

Thanks for your help.

Joe Burns.

Last edited:
National Utility Solutions are in the process of Liquidation.

If you are owed money, get yourself on the creditors list by contacting their Liquidators.

Dear Sir/Madam,I note from your forum that some of your members have had dealings with the above company for access to work that did not materialise. Can I ask you to approach the following members to ask if they would contact me asap to provide details of their dealings with NUS. I have to stress that I cannot give guarantees that their assistance will result in successful action against the people behind NUS but their help would assist ouir investigations.
Could you also advise them that NUS is in the process of liquidation. The liquidators are MLM Solutions, 23 Nelson Mandela Place, Glasgow G2 1QY. If they contact themyour members can at least lodge a claim as creditors and may, just may, receive some of the money they paid back. Their telephone number is 0141 228 1327.
Theforum members are:
Lady Apprentice.
Ricky 300
Andy Atkins 2477
Rogue Trader
Mario 27 and,
Doggy Doo
If you or they know of any others affected please get them to contact me.
As I will be away from my desk for the next week, it would be best if they e-mailed me at [email protected].

Thanks for your help.

Joe Burns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to landlord service group in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i am a landlord and have had great advice here. I am using a new gas engineer/plumber who tells me Water Quality testing is now a compulsory part of a Service to a Gas Boiler. i cant find a definitive answer... is it advisory or mandatory and if the latter, which Gas Regulation does it come...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
G
I recently had a service on my worcester bosch boiler by Warmserve supposedly reputable which is under guarantee and before the service I had no problems but straight after the service I had a leak from the boiler which when the service engineer came back told me I needed a new condensate trap...
Replies
Views
Hi I’ve got a couple of gas safety checks coming up and I’m a bit confused as to whether I need to tick yes or no to the appliance serviced part? Does a landlord cert count as a service or does this mean has the appliance been serviced within the past year? Many thanks
Replies
Views
P
I am looking for a Service Engineer, Main business is (Saniflo Macerators), Waste Disposals and Domestic Appliances, Van will be provided, experienced 10 years plus, references required, Monday- Thursday holiday and pension paid, residential work, Position is held in a local family run...
Replies
Views
Paul Brassett
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock