Discuss kitchen work tops in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gaspastemania

When lifting some of the old boilers with the cast iron heat exchangers off the wall for an upgrade what do people use to protect kitchen work tops?? Especially when some of the old ones way a ton, just curious in case i'm missing an old trick or something .

Not done one of those but I'd put a well folded dust sheet (or two) on top and a 12mm or so piece of ply on top of that. Depending on the situation I just might get the customer to sign an indemnity about damaging the kitchen top.

In reality I'd probably just use dust sheets then phone my plumbing mate as another job for the pair of us.

When fitting those things back in the 70's & 80's they never felt as heavy as they do removing them?

I took an old ideal combi off today ,weighed an absolute ton !!!
Thing is as soon as you lift it off bracket you develope a hernia and try as you do not to damage kitchen work top , the board or cardboard usually gets pinged off with the attempted strongman lift lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just need to eat more proteins:D
Use a piece of ply if you can or cut the new boiler box up and tape it into position and cover with folded dustsheet(s)

Spacesavers, Neataheats and W2000's. Cut the flue and take a dive for the hole. I loved it when they brought out Fanfares and Elans and anything else you could put on the wall with one hand.
I hate taking them down more than i did putting them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to kitchen work tops in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock