Discuss Kitchen waste keeps coming back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SafeT

:confused:
The property is on a 3rd floor and there is the dishwasher and sink down the same waste pipe.
There is also an anti syphon which lets air int he system.
Worked well over last 4 years suddenly the sink drainage starts to fill the dishwasher and then the dishwasher sometimes starts to fill the sink.
When I press the air valve (small black plastic needle) water comes out and it drains perfectly for a while.

The drainage seems to work fine for a few minutes and then the back up happens.

I replaced the anti syphon part and still no joy.

Help please!!

Ps. the drain is not blocked, it seems as though air bubble is created in the pipework??

Either the flexi waste at the back of the dishwasher has dropped down and lying on the floor (should be held up at the back of the dishwasher) or the main waste pipe is probably restricted further down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen waste keeps coming back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock